OMG! I had so much fun with this!!!!! Okay, a few days ago, I saw this dresser over at Mod Podge Rocks! blog. And, once I saw it, there was nothing for it but to spruce up the dull little table that holds my desk spill overs… Here’s the original:
Poor thing. All beaten and battered. My mom found it years ago at a garage sale, so it has been truly used and abused. It really did deserve a make-over, don’t you think?
So, first order of business, find all the supplies! So up the stairs I went to the craft room, and armed myself with a mostly full jar of Mod Podge, some brushes (and the one lone sponge brush I could find) the FolkArt beige paint, the Dollar Tree Scrapbook paper (I love Dollar Tree Scrapbook paper… it’s pretty good quality, and you get a little pack of coordinating sheets for a buck! awesome!!!!!), and my paper cutter. Cuz, you know, gotta have straight lines here…. Back down the stairs I traipsed, and got ready to ‘podge!!!!
But, first I had to paint… not my favoritest thing, but I did have fun. Although, I think I may have needed a bigger spongy-brush:
But I eventually got it all covered, and covered well!
So once the painting was done, it had to dry. What to do when the paint is drying… Why not read a post over at Brave Girls blog? So I did:
Finally, the paint dried. Now to have fun with paper!!! I love cutting up paper. Well, I should, I make cards, and LOVE IT!!!!!! For the top of the table I just cut random-sized squares; I think the biggest was a 6-inch square, while the smallest was a 1-inch square. I think I also tossed in a couple of rectangles just to mix it up a bit. Then, I arranged them in a pleasing manner, grabbed the ‘podge, and went to town! Man, did I make a mess. But it was fun! And in the end, very pretty (and can I just say, again, I soooooo need a brayer… bubbly bits all over the place!!!!) So here’s the top:
Once I had that done, I turned my attention to the drawer:
And then I had to ponder the sides:
And the bottom shelf! Basically, that was a repeat of the top, but with smaller pieces of paper:
And then finally, it was dry and ready for a coat or two or acrylic sealer (okay, yeah, maybe I should do more, but the can is empty now. AND!!!!! I’m down to half a jar of Mod Podge!!! yikes!!!!)
So here it is, all done and pretty:
So yeah, I am just totally tickled with myself! I had fun!!!