The Crafting English Prof…

Just another WordPress.com weblog

Mini Patchworked Table 9 September 2010

OMG! I had so much fun with this!!!!!  Okay, a few days ago, I saw this dresser over at Mod Podge Rocks! blog. And, once I saw it, there was nothing for it but to spruce up the dull little table that holds my desk spill overs… Here’s the original:

poor, old, tired table...

Poor thing.  All beaten and battered. My mom found it years ago at a garage sale, so it has been truly used and abused. It really did deserve a make-over, don’t you think?

So, first order of business, find all the supplies!  So up the stairs I went to the craft room, and armed myself with a mostly full jar of Mod Podge, some brushes (and the one lone sponge brush I could find) the FolkArt beige paint, the Dollar Tree Scrapbook paper (I love Dollar Tree Scrapbook paper… it’s pretty good quality, and you get a little pack of coordinating sheets for a buck!  awesome!!!!!), and my paper cutter.  Cuz, you know, gotta have straight lines here…. Back down the stairs I traipsed, and got ready to ‘podge!!!!

But, first I had to paint… not my favoritest thing, but I did have fun.  Although, I think I may have needed a bigger spongy-brush:

hmmm... an awful lot of area still to cover there....

But I eventually got it all covered, and covered well!

okay, yeah, still have to do that bottom section here....

So once the painting was done, it had to dry.  What to do when the paint is drying… Why not read a post over at Brave Girls blog? So I did:

Yeah, totally got the idea to document what I was doing while paint dried from the Brave Girl blog post I was reading while the paint dried... and watching some Netflix... 🙂

Finally, the paint dried.  Now to have fun with paper!!!  I love cutting up paper.  Well, I should, I make cards, and LOVE IT!!!!!! For the top of the table I just cut random-sized squares; I think the biggest was a 6-inch square, while the smallest was a 1-inch square. I think I also tossed in a couple of rectangles just to mix it up a bit.  Then, I arranged them in a pleasing manner, grabbed the ‘podge, and went to town!  Man, did I make a mess.  But it was fun!  And in the end, very pretty (and can I just say, again, I soooooo need a brayer… bubbly bits all over the place!!!!) So here’s the top:

not quite dry yet... oh, boy, more waiting!!!

Once I had that done, I turned my attention to the drawer:

stripeys!!!

And then I had to ponder the sides:

left

back

right (and oops on using the same pattern as the front...)

And the bottom shelf!  Basically, that was a repeat of the top, but with smaller pieces of paper:

and again, not quite dry! I'm an impatient photographer...

And then finally, it was dry and ready for a coat or two or acrylic sealer (okay, yeah, maybe I should do more, but the can is empty now.  AND!!!!! I’m down to half a jar of Mod Podge!!! yikes!!!!)

So here it is, all done and pretty:

The distance view

The drawer and knob

Pretty!!

So yeah, I am just totally tickled with myself!  I had fun!!!

RLW

Advertisements
 

 
%d bloggers like this: